May 14, 2011

Ouma

It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother - that's why the world calls her grandmother.  ~Author Unknown
 Earlier this week (12 May) was my Ouma's birthday.  She was born in 1909 of pioneer stock and grew up on a farm, she was one tough cookie.  There was not much she could not turn her hand to from crafting to cattle branding.  I am so grateful to her because from her I inherited my creative spirit.  From when I was a little girl visiting her on the farm I learned that my hands always had to be busy. She always said "the devil finds work for empty hands".  I am sure that I learnt to crotchet on her knee.  My Ouma could ice cakes, arrange flowers, make wedding dresses, emboider beautifully and started painting in her 60's.  She won the gardening trophy at the local Agriculture Show so often I think they eventually gave it to her.
I created this LO in Memorium of her and the amazing life she had.
I am so excited that I now have 3 followers, thank you for stopping by
have an awesome and creative week.
W

No comments: