May 28, 2011

Serendipity

I thought I would share my creative station at home with you, I don't have the luxury of a room to myself so I use an old door on trestles in the spare room, use baskets, mini draws, bottles and vases for storage.
SERENDIPITY
"the faculty of making happy and unexpected discoveries by accident" 
{coined by Horace Walpole(1754) The Three Princes of Serendip, a fairytale}

I have always been fascinated by this word, I am not sure why but I know that the word means something special is happening, I have always thought  that my workspace draws in very special women, some in need of a shoulder, some to inspire, this week just such a week.  Monday started with giving a scrap class to a neighbour who moved away and it made me remember how much I missed her.  She has lost two husbands, moved here then decided to move back to be with her daughter and grandchildren, she is a ray of sunshine and is always so positive.
On Tuesday, the shop was like a construction site as we are facilitating a make over, 
amongst all this noise and disturbance, I taught another scrap class to my neighbour and our Art teacher was giving a drawing lesson to a lady who healed herself of breast cancer 5 years ago, she now sends healing to other people in need.
Wednesday brought in two more women, an art student and a beading student, I taught my "safety pin angel" and again the lady who did my class inspired me and gave me hope,she has also been tumbled by life but gotten up dusted herself off and got on with it.She is amazingly talented in many spheres, eventually I asked her if there was something she wasn't good at and she said "I can't bake".  This made me giggle and made me realise that we are all good at something, some are better than others but we all do can all do something special. The art student is a broken soul who needs the creative oasis we create for her to recover from the abuse she suffers in her life.  I pray we can give her the support she needs. Friday blew in another amazing woman, she was looking for a haberdashery but instead spent the day with me learning to make a spiral necklace, she had also had her feet knocked out from under her, but with spirit and determination she also got up and moved on.In my rambling, I am trying to say that  I think people are drawn into the shop for
the perfect reason, this is the perfect place for crossing paths, to be inspired by resilience,
to listen,to give a hug and a shoulder to cry on, there are no coincidences, only reasons. 
We learn that women are fragile and easily hurt but we are tough and go on, we are not alone! This week I have been humbled, inspired, and uplifted
We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily difference we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
-Marian Wright Edelman

I have been scrapping as well, these are my favourite things, my children, flowers and butterflies.




My wish is that you have a serendipitous moment this week, be blessed by someone and in turn bless another
take care
Wilna

Pop over to Carnica and check out her candy, only a few days left
http://shoestringscrapbooking.typepad.com

May 2011 Blog Candy

May Blog Candy
How To Enter:
- Become a follower
- Join Our FACEBOOK Group
- Leave a comment
- Post about this candy on your blog linking it back to this post to get an extra entry into the draw 
The winner will be announced on 1 June 2011 - GOOD LUCK :) 


2 comments:

Melly said...

Beautifully put Wilna. We need to appreciate all the people that come into our lives, even briefly.

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with the page of me and bo. He is my absolute life love him more than anything on this earth he is my inspiration, motivation and the biggest reason why I get up dust myself off and carry on with life.