March 1, 2017

Pretty Boxes | Ivytree Studio  
‘all the flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of yesterday and today’

I am visiting my Dad and his wife this week-end and she is from a gracious age where notes are still written by hand. I decided to make her a few cute cards & tags and put them into a pretty box. I used Ivytree Studio sheet #163/8 to make the boxes and used a box template I had downloaded from the Silhouette Store.




The boxes are about 7,5cm x 7,5cm big and a bit smaller than I envisaged so the cards & tags turned into mini ones!
So the above box looks ok but not really pretty enough for my liking, so I took it one step further and added some quills and a guinea fowl feather.  I actually went a bit crazy with the feathers today!!

I am not a great fan of orange but really, really enjoyed working with this shade (#171/21) from the Seize the Day collection, and of course I couldn't resist making a flower.  I cut a few scalloped circles (ok …I cheated, my Silhouette cut them), cut into the circles, to create multiple petals, curled the petals and created a sort of ‘everlasting’ flower.


Then, just because I can, I created a totally over the top, box topper with pink feathers and the flower die-cuts from the Wild & Free collection (#163/10).  I used dimensional glaze on the edges of the petals and sprinkled with glitter to add some extra sparkle.

I created 3 little cards (7cm x 7cm) and decorated them with elements from the Cute Cuts sheet (#163/15).  





The tags are 7cm squares and again I decorated with the Cute Cuts. 

The absolutely great thing about Ivytree Studio paper is that the range is so versatile and user friendly and they 
mix and match so beautifully.


Here is a little tip:- I used my zigzag scissors to cut around these flowers to save some fussy cutting time, after chalking it looks great. See the result on the tag above.


The papers I used for this project:
#171/15
#171/21
#163/08
#163/10
#163/14
#163/16
additional supplies used:
  • dimensional glaze
  • Distress glitter
  • ribbon
  • white card stock
  • chalks
  • Tombow
  • feathers


Visit Ivytree Studio to see more of what our awesome designers are up to: www.ivytreestudio.co.za
Buy some of their pretty paper here 
Connect with the team on their Facebook page here. 
Share your Ivytree Studio layouts with us here 
Hoping you have a lovely creative month.

'til next time


1 comment:

Margaret said...

LOVE these boxes and cards!