February 21, 2017

Friendship - Pocket letter style | Ivytree Studio

Hello there

“Art strives to express, craft strives for excellence.  
Good art has good craft, good craft is artistic.  
Within every craft there exist artists".


















































Craft is what I do all day; art is what I have at the end of it”


How do we relieve stress and decompress from everyday pressures? 
How do you ease your pain, distract your mind, and soothe the soul?

If you are anything like me, you craft.  Scrapbooking is not just about layouts. 
It is about having fun and taking some time out to spoil yourself and others.

In November last year, I stumbled across a group of South African ladies,
who love to receive snail mail and who like to share their stash.
The idea of receiving mail was so exciting that I joined straight away.   
The December challenge was a loaded pocket for Christmas but because 
I am so late -  life happened - I decided to create a  loaded summer pop-up card/box
filled with flowers, instead. 




































Pocket letters are cards cut 6cm x 9cm and decorated, front and back and the pockets are 
filled with gifts.   I like to add non-scrapping goodies and in this case, 
added bath salts and a pen. I also added my famous microwave
brownie recipe!






























































The papers I used for this project:
#162/11 
#162/12
#162/13
#162/14
#162/15
#162/16

ADDITIONAL MATERIALS USED 
  • A4 Pocket or A4 business card holder
  • adhesive - Tombow
  • assorted embellishments
  • ribbons
  • washi tape
  • chippies
  • stash
  • additional gifts - a pen, bath salts and Christmas ornament

  

Visit Ivytree Studio to see more of what they are up to: www.ivytreestudio.co.za
Buy some of their pretty paper here
Connect with the team on their Facebook page here.
Share your Ivytree Studio layouts with us here

hoping you have a lovely time being creative
'til next time



No comments: