July 7, 2014

Blog hop with a difference



A few weeks ago Denise van Deventer  contacted me and asked me to join her in a blog hop with a difference.  It is really just about exploring different blogs and I have chosen three blogs for you to visit. They are not all scrappy but are filled with plenty of prettiness and creativity.  I met Denise at a scrapping event where we were teaching together, she tagged me here,   Denise is a prominent member at Scrap Africa and currently on a number of design teams imcluding BoBuny.


 What am I working on?
I have just spent time tidying up my studio, finishing off some projects and kits that I received at a recent scrapping event.  I am also busy packing kits for the above page that is going to be offered as a workshop in Joburg.  This is the page I facilitated at Scrap4Charity 2014.

How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I cant really define whether my work is different to other scrappers... I am definately a shabby-chic, romantic scrapper..   I am very detail orientated, love layers and making my own flowers.  Scrapbooking is not so much about re-inventing the wheel but adapting and putting your own stamp on the very many techniques available today, there really are no rules anymore. 


Why do I create what I do?
I was very fortunate in that my grandmother and mother were both creatives and I learned many crafts and skills from them. Once I discovered scrapbooking I was in heaven, here I could spend hours creating something my children and grandchildren could appreciate.  Creating is food for the soul and is my happy place.


 How does your creating process work?
I work backwards to most scrappers, I get an idea, then make the background of a Layout and then look for photos.  I love the first stage of designing the background, then can get quite bored with the in -between humdrum part of getting everything together and then once the photos are on I spend hours fiddling and refining.  I am not a prolific scrapper as I spend far to much time on all the small details. 

I am tagging the following blogs
Nadia has a blog filled with awesomeness, it is not a scrapping blog but a wonderful blog for creatives.
Margaret  is a friend and new to the blog sphere,  so pop in and leave her some love
Kirsty is a lovely lady who I met on one of Nadia's creative workshops and watching her grow in her creative journey has been amazing.   

until my next mumblings, be creative and make someone feel special
W

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

You have a beautiful creative style, so feminine.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Denise van Deventer said...

Thanks for being a part of the Blog Hop and for accepting my "tag". It was lovely to read a little bit more about you and see your lovely work! x