I have struggled to get into the Christmas Spirit this year for the simple reason I can't wrap my head around the fact that though I will be with my sister and her family, my DH and DS,(I have to add we will be on a secluded beach on the Mozambique coast!!) I will not be with my daughter and my Dad. Now this is the first Christmas in my daughter's life that she is away from home, and I suppose this is a strong sign that she is not my little girl any more. The other reason is the whirlwind setting up of the shop
which was the most amazing adventure and continues to grow every day but has left me breathless and without much time to think of other things. The store is decked out in holiday loveliness but my home sadly neglected. Even my almost 16 year old has said it is not quite the same.
I have been scrapping amongst all the craziness and this LO is inspired by the work of Gabrielle Pollacco
Her Blog is called "Such a pretty mess" and I find her work awe-inspiring.
Here is the link to the page that inspired my torn flowers
As you can see I have not added the second photos, will do ... some day soon
These flowers were inspired by Gabriella Pollacco
3 different pattern papers
1. Tear 3 different size circle, if you struggle to tear then punch or cut circles and distress
2. Partially tear 5 times into the circle, being very careful not to tear through the circle. Chalk edges
3. Curl the petals using a kebab stick or toothpick.
4. Layer the curled petals, adhere using glue or Diamond Glaze
5. To make centre:
· Punch small circle and chalk
· Place pop dot on the underneath
· Using either glue or a Zot crisscross stamens. Continue until all the stamens are adhered. Add another Zot or glue turn over and place into centre of flower.
I hope I have inspired you
until next time
have a scraplicious time
PS thanks for popping in, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I will do a random draw when I get back from my trip and send a small RAK to one lucky person.